Workplace support for World Animal Protection
Workplace giving is a meaningful way to help animals in need and promote World Animal Protection as your favourite animal protection organization. Creating a workplace giving program is easy.
The following are several ways in which you can support World Animal Protection:
- Approach your company's charity committee for a corporate gift on behalf of World Animal Protection Canada.
- Matching gifts — Ask your employer if they will match your personal donation to World Animal Protection. Many corporate programs are already in place (click here for the list). It’s a great way to double your gift and help protect more animals.
- Direct a federated campaigns gift. Making a donation to your office United Way Campaign? Why not ask if you can direct your campaign donation to World Animal Protection as it will still count as part of your company goal and be directed to your favourite charity.
- Become an Animal Protector and donate monthly to World Animal Protection. Support can be applied to a credit card or through payroll deductions. Please don’t forget about the corporate matching gift potential!
- Ask your employer to add World Animal Protection to your employee charity giving program.
- Start a new employee giving program with World Animal Protection as your charity of choice.
- Raise funds for World Animal Protection at an existing employee or corporate event such as a golf tournament or annual holiday party.
- Hold a fundraising event (or ask your social committee to organize an event) at your workplace or home — consider a "dress down day”, bake sale, or yard sale. We are happy to help.
Raise awareness in your workplace and help end cruelty to animals. Here’s how:
- Become a “Workplace World Animal Protection Advocate”! We will work with you to help create a workplace awareness campaign to bring attention to animal protection issues, raise support for our life saving programs and recruit new supporters.
- Place a World Animal Protection advertisement on your company bulletin board, intranet or in your newsletter during the annual World Animal Week (October 4-10).
- Meet with your President/CEO or Human Resources department for support to launch a World Animal Protection campaign at work. They may even attend a kick-off event or send an email to staff in support of the campaign.
- Hold a special staff meeting or lunch and learn session to share information about World Animal Protection. We can help you with materials and preparing information.
- Consider encouraging your co-workers to participate in a World Animal Protection action, like signing a petition or writing a letter to their MP.
Please consider starting or launching a workplace campaign in support of World Animal Protection.
World Animal Protection is a registered Canadian charity (charitable business number 12971 9076 RR0001) and will provide a charitable income tax receipt for all donations of $20 or more.
For more information on World Animal Protection’s workplace giving program, please contact:
Mario James, Supporter Operations Coordinator
1 416 369 0044