Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare
We're working towards a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare
- Animal cruelty and suffering is a global issue.
- Animals are sentient – they feel pain.
- Animals need to be protected – urgently.
- A Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare would show a global commitment to making the protection of animals a priority.
- It would inspire international, regional and national change.
- It would drive industries that use animals, to protect animals.
- We’re leading a global movement calling for a Declaration.
- Two million people have already added their voice.
- 330 animal groups and 46 governments are on board too.
A Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare would protect animal welfare in an incredible range of ways.
It would encourage governments to create or improve animal welfare laws. It would persuade businesses to protect animals. It would mobilize animal welfare supporters worldwide. And it would get people talking and thinking about animal welfare. A Universal Declaration would change the lives of millions of animals – forever.
Reports and resources
Stay up to date
Join our mailing list to receive updates with our latest news, petitions, appeals and campaigns successes. Click here to sign up.