Animals in farming
The majority of animals farmed for food live in conditions that cause suffering and stress. It’s time to rethink farming.
The global farming challenge
The treatment of farm animals is the world’s biggest animal welfare issue – and it’s getting bigger. By 2050, livestock production will be twice what it was in 2000. Right now, more than 70 billion animals are farmed for food each year – two-thirds in conditions that mean they can’t move freely or live naturally. We campaign for progress at every stage, from farming to transportation to slaughter. We know change is possible and since 2007, our humane slaughter training has made life better for eight billion animals.
With your support, we are:
- Moving governments and global bodies to improve regulations to protect animals.
- Influencing debates that will shape the future of world farming.
- Partnering with food businesses to change the way they work and protect animals.
- Working with farmers to demonstrate practical and affordable ways to protect animals.
- Encouraging people to choose organic and free-range food options.
Help end the suffering of factory-grown chickens around the globe
It’s time to improve animals' lives, for good.
Join the campaign to give hens a better life.
Learn about how your food choices impact our health, the environment, animal welfare and rural Canada.
Better for animals – and better for business, too.