Jann Arden’s vegan tacos
Spice up your plate with Jann Arden's quick and delicious vegan tacos!
This super quick recipe is my go-to at least a few times a month and it's a nice option to break up all the festive food this time of year.
- 1 pack of ground meat substitute OR one cup of cooked lentils
- Half chopped onion (any kind you have around)
- 1 package taco seasoning of your choice.
- Taco shells. I love soft corn tortillas, but you can use flour tortillas or hard-shell tortillas.
- Toppings could be anything. I do lettuce, tomatoes, vegan shredded cheese (any kind you have) and some extra chopped green onions.
Fry up your meat substitute (or the lentils) the onions. Add your taco seasoning package (usually half cup of water is needed)
I love to lightly grill my tortilla shells. I have a gas oven, so I do them over the actual burner!
Keep a close eye and turn every few seconds until they look the way you want.
Fill your tacos with some of the seasoned meat substitute or lentils and add your toppings!! I love a little hot sauce!!