How you moved the world for animals in 2018
Together, we protected dogs in communities against rabies, saved animals in disasters, improved the lives of farm animals, and worked to end the cruelty experienced by wild animals in the entertainment industry
Watch the video below to hear about 2018’s achievements from some of our incredible staff around the world.
Too much to mention
These are just a few of our proudest successes:
- 29 travel companies committed to stop promoting elephant entertainment venues, making a total of 226
- 10 bears used for baiting and dancing were given new lives in our partner sanctuary in Pakistan
- We reached more than 500,000 KFC petition signatures, and are in talks with the fast food chain
- 83,000 dogs in Sierra Leone and Kenya were vaccinated against rabies
- We helped 454,774 animals recover from 12 disasters around the world
- Disaster preparedness work we did with governments and NGOs this year will help protect 52,000,000 animals in the future
- Canada joined the Global Ghost Gear Initiative (GGGI) following years of lobbying, resulting in 90 total GGGI members
Grateful to all
Without support from passionate people like you, we wouldn’t be able to protect animals.
It’s not just donations that make our work possible. Petition-signers, pledge-takers, readers, social media-sharers, and more – you all do your part in spreading the message about animal protection, and helping companies and people make better choices.
Even if this is the first time you’ve come across World Animal Protection, we’d like to thank you for joining our animal protection journey in 2018.
Be part of the movement in 2019
Please consider making a donation to support our program work and help even more animals this year.
Sign up to receive emails about how you can help move the world for animals next year and beyond.