Carleigh Bodrug’s Green Goddess Soup
Carleigh Bodrug, of PlantYou, shares her favourite “scrappy” recipe for a delicious and creamy Green Goddess Soup!
Why is it “scrappy”? This recipe takes advantage of your leftover food scraps, saving you money and reducing food waste! So, the next time you’re cooking with broccoli, don’t throw those stems away – make soup with them!
On top of being tasty and reducing your food waste, this soup recipe is easy to make! As a sheet pan recipe, very little hands-on effort is required. It’s perfect for meal prepping for the week.
"This green goddess soup is a perfectly balanced meal. It’s full of fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and other useful macronutrients. It’s filling but not heavy, delicious but not overpowering."
- 2 broccoli stems, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 broccoli, head, broken into florets
- 1 head garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cups salted vegetable broth
- 3 handfuls spinach
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet or cast-iron pan, add the broccoli stems, bell pepper, zucchini, onion and head of broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil and add the nutritional yeast and some freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper. Slice the top off your head of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cover in foil. Bake both for 35 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Transfer all ingredients listed to a pot or high-speed blender, squeezing out the garlic into the pot or blender and discarding of the skin. Either using an immersion blender or your countertop blender, combine the ingredients until a smooth soup is formed. Taste and adjust salt as needed.