15 reasons to support the elephant match
Donate by midnight June 30th, 2022 to have your gift matched in support of our campaign work to help end the exploitation of elephants for entertainment purposes and to provide funding for the care of formerly abused elephants.
1. Your donation has 2x the impact right now
It’s the perfect time to double your impact to end the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment!
2. You love elephants as much as we do
As a fellow animal lover and elephant enthusiast, you want to help protect them. Not only are elephants the largest land mammal, but they are also highly intelligent and playful animals with complex emotions, compassion and self-awareness.
3. Your support will also help 800+ other species too!
We all know elephants are incredible, but did you know the Jane Goodall Bill also protects hundreds of other (less famous) species, like monkeys, big cats (such as tigers and lions), most bears, wolves and hundreds of reptiles?
4. You are a big fan of Dr. Jane Goodall DBE (who isn’t!?)
Your donation will help our campaign to push Senators and MPs to swiftly pass the Jane Goodall Bill into law.
Dr. Jane Goodall DBE is a world-renowned conservationist, Founder of the Jane Goodall Institute, and UN Messenger of Peace. She has partnered with former Senator Murray Sinclair and Senator Marty Kylne to introduce this Bill, which, when passed, will become one of the strongest animal laws in history! Lending her voice to this Bill gives it more credibility and a greater chance of being passed.
5. Wild animals deserve a better life
Stolen from the wild or bred in captivity, thousands of wild animals suffer daily for our entertainment. Let's make this generation the last to suffer. Your gift helps solve the root causes of animal suffering and moves governments, corporations, and people to end animal cruelty.
6. You want your kids or grandkids to live in a world where wild elephants still exist!
The number of wild elephants in the world has dropped more than 50% in the last few decades. It’s going to take all of us to save them.
7. Help feed formerly abused elephants!
Your gift of $17 will be doubled to equal $34 and can buy sugarcane or mangos to feed formerly abused elephants, like Mae Too (pictured below)!
8. You’ll be supporting an accredited Canadian charity with decades of success making change for animals.
World Animal Protection is the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years’ experience working to protect animals from cruelty through practical, sustainable and science-based solutions that help people and animals alike.
9. Because elephants are the largest land animal on Earth!
African elephants can weigh up to 14,000 pounds! These massive animals deserve the space to roam free and express natural behaviours, not to be confined in captivity and used for our entertainment.
10. Give vital supplements to elderly elephants
Your gift can help give elderly elephants like Mae Thongsuk (pictured below) at Following Giants supplements needed to thrive.
11. You’ll get a tax write-off 😉
All donations of $20 or more are eligible for a tax receipt.
12. Your support can help make Canada a global leader in protecting wild animals and effectively end roadside zoos here.
If the Canadian government passes the Jane Goodall Bill, it will change the lives of so many animals.
13. You’re an elephant expert
Take our short five-question quiz to test your knowledge on elephants.
14. Feel good about making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty, and suffering.
15. Because time is running out...
Gift matching is only on until midnight June 30th, 2022. By donating today, you will be helping us end elephant captivity in Canada and pass stronger measures to protect elephants and hundreds of other animals.