Your support is making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. Thank you!
Latest good news stories you have made possible
You inspired experts to join our campaign urging PetSmart to stop cruelty
- Because of you, veterinarians, scientists, and other animal welfare organizations have joined the campaign urging PetSmart to stop selling wild animals, causing harm to animals, the environment, and humans alike. The engagement with PetSmart continues about how they can become a true champion for animals by ending their participation in the wildlife trade.
You convinced Hawaiian Airlines to end captive dolphin venue promotion
- Hawaiian Airlines has removed two webpages promoting captive dolphin venues after receiving a letter from a coalition led by World Animal Protection.
You moved the European Union to phase out cages for farmed animals
- The European Commission announced that it would start the process to end cage use in Europe farms after hearing the voices from the 'End the Cage Age' initiative World Animal Protection helped to launch in 2018. It is estimated that this will free more than 300 million animals, including hens, chickens, sows and calves, rabbits, quail, ducks, and geese.
You moved South Africa to phase out captive lion breeding
- Thanks to your support, the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) has made crucial and long-awaited steps towards changing the captive lion breeding industry in South Africa. It’s a courageous move, taking the first steps in a commitment to long-lasting and meaningful change.
You called out KFC Canada to do better by millions of chickens
- By signing the Better Chicken Commitment, a set of standards that will improve the welfare for millions of chickens, Canadians like you are showing KFC Canada that the public want improved animal welfare in their produce chain.
You supported the award of two new Whale Heritage Sites to protect whales and dolphins
- Tenerife-La Gomera marine area in southwest Tenerife, Spain, has been awarded a prestigious title as the first Whale Heritage Site in Europe, showcasing a great alternative to cruel wildlife attractions. It joins Dana Point, California, USA, as the first site in the Americas to be awarded Whale Heritage Site status. Thanks to you, World Animal Protection worked with World Cetacean Alliance to promote these wildlife-friendly sites.
What you achieved for animals in 2020
Thanks to you, 224 million animals were protected last year. Here are just some of the amazing wins you made possible:
Read about more wins for animals
The three bears were the last remaining bile bears in Lang Son and the province is now the 40th bear-free province in Vietnam.
Bear bile is one of the most horrendous forms of animal cruelty, but thanks to donor support we are so close to ending this cruel industry in South Korea....