Your support is making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. Thank you!
Latest good news stories you have made possible
You moved China to add more than 500 species to its wildlife protection list
- China announced its amended national list of protected wild animals with 988 species. This new list has 517 more than the previous version that was released over 30 years ago. This is a big step forward for wildlife protection in China.
You moved the government of New South Wales in Australia to ban captive dolphin breeding
- Australia's New South Wales (NSW) government introduced a regulation that bans dolphin breeding and the importation of dolphins to the state. This was possible because of caring, dedicated supporters like you who have been giving a voice for dolphins
You encouraged 313 Chinese doctors to be wildlife-friendly
- These doctors committed to support herbal alternatives and not recommend or prescribe any medicine or health products containing wild animal parts. Thanks to your support, this important work to engage with the traditional medicine doctor community to support pro-plant alternatives will continue in 2021 and beyond.
What you achieved for animals in 2020
Thanks to you, 224 million animals were protected last year. Here are just some of the amazing wins you made possible:
While many good things for animals are happening during this unprecedented time, there is still much more work to be done, especially regarding the illegal and poorly regulated wildlife trade. To make real and lasting change possible, it takes time to bring together experts, meet with company and government officials, identify opportunities, explore long-term solutions, share findings and ultimately put an end to the suffering of animals.
With your ongoing support, World Animal Protection is:
- Uniting governments, organizations and nations to ban the global wildlife trade to end the suffering of wild animals and protect people.
- Calling on the Canadian government to ban the global wildlife trade.
- Helping to stop wild animals from being exploited for the sake of entertainment, medicine, food or as exotic pets
- Providing funding to sanctuaries to feed and care for rescued animals like bears and elephants.
- Moving corporations to adopt better farm animal welfare in their supply chain.
- Working to ban antibiotics used to prevent disease in farming to meet high animal welfare standards.
2019 Global Review
The Global Review is full of amazing wins for animals you’ve helped make possible. You can read about successes from all over the world, including Canada. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to tackle the biggest issues affecting the most number of animals.
As soon as the 2020 version is available, it will be posted here.