Your support is making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. Thank you!
Latest good news stories you have made possible
You moved Expedia Group to stop selling tickets to captive dolphin and whale attractions
- After three years of sustained pressure from more than 350,000 committed supporters like you, global online travel company Expedia Group has announced it will end its support for whale and dolphin interactions and circus-style performances by prohibiting their sale. This is one step closer to making this the last generation of dolphins to suffer in captivity for profit and entertainment.
You moved an online sales platform in the Netherlands to stop selling kangaroo products
- Bol.com will stop selling kangaroo products in response to our campaign calling on them to end cruel sales. They have vowed to tighten up their animal welfare policy, which means that items with kangaroo may no longer be offered by sales partners on their online sales platform.
You demanded the most influential pet store brand in Canada to stop cruelty
- Thanks to you, 50,000 petition signatures were handed over to PetSmart demanding an end to selling reptiles and amphibians in their stores. To keep the pressure on, supporters are encouraged to send e-letters to the President of PetSmart Canada, demanding an end to reptile and amphibian sales.
You moved Booking.com to expand their commitment to protecting wildlife
- Thanks to your support, swimming with and performances by dolphins and other marine mammals is prohibited, plus shows and interactions involving elephants, bears, big cats, primates, reptiles and birds of prey.
You convinced a zoo in Canada to permanently end elephant rides
- After years of education campaigns, direct corporate outreach, pushing for policy change and active media engagement, African Lion Safari Zoo has permanently ended elephant rides. With your support, the push will continue to urge the federal and provincial governments in Canada to ban the use of wild animals for rides, circus-style shows and selfies at all zoos.
You exposed Ethiopian Airlines’ role in cruel global wildlife trade
- Thanks to your support, the aviation industry’s role in wildlife transportation in West Africa was investigated. It was discovered that Ethiopian Airlines, the largest aviation group on the continent, is a major culprit for commercially shipping live wild animals around the world for luxury use as exotic pets.
You rescued three captive bears and gave them a new home forever
- Three illegally captive Asiatic black bears were rescued from bear bile farming in Lang Son province in Vietnam. Thanks to you, World Animal Protection came together with the Animals Asia Foundation and Education for Nature Vietnam (ENV) to rescue these bears and give them a new life in beautiful sanctuary run by Animals Asia.
Read about more wins for animals
Global online travel company Expedia Group has announced it will end its support for whale and dolphin interactions and circus-style performances by...
2020 Global Review
The Global Review is full of amazing wins for animals you’ve helped make possible. You can read about successes from all over the world, including Canada. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to tackle the biggest issues affecting the most number of animals.