World Animal Protection is an animal welfare non-profit organization with local reach and global influence. Our Canadian office is located in Toronto and works alongside our country offices that are active in over 50 countries around the world.
Every day, billions of animals experience unbearable suffering. At World Animal Protection, we move the world to protect animals because the life of every animal counts.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
Our mission is to move the world to protect animals.
What we do:
- We end the needless suffering of animals.
- We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda.
- We help the world see how important animals are to all of us.
- We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better.
- We move the world to protect animals.
Our global animal protection movement in action:
For more than 70 years we’ve been protecting animals in the wild, on farms, in communities and from disasters. From the boardrooms of large corporations to the frontline of the wildlife trade, our supporters help us create better lives for all animals.
Here are just some of the things our incredible supporters have helped us achieve:
- 558,000 supporters moved TripAdvisor and more than 200 other travel companies to end their promotion of cruel elephant attractions.
- 513,000 supporters moved KFC to improve chicken welfare in the United Kingdom and six European countries.
- 1.6 million rabies vaccinations protected dogs from this deadly disease across Asia and Africa.
- Ending bear dancing in India, Turkey, Greece and most recently Nepal by working with local partners.
- 188,000 supporters moved Turkish Airlines to stop transporting African grey parrots out of the Congo.