Gifts of life insurance
Donating life insurance to help protect animals
When you give a gift of life insurance, your gift turns into a major gift ‒ one that can bring about long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. This gift can bring about significant tax savings, either immediately or in the future.
Ways to give life insurance
- Name World Animal Protection as a beneficiary on your life insurance, while you retain ownership of the policy. Your estate will receive a tax receipt when the proceeds are paid to World Animal Protection.
- Transfer ownership of an existing policy to World Animal Protection and receive a charitable tax receipt, for the fair market value of your life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new policy and name World Animal Protection as the owner and beneficiary. You continue to pay the premiums and receive an annual tax receipt for your ongoing premium payments.
The benefits of donating life insurance
- A gift of life insurance can help offset the tax burden on your estate
- Periodic premium payments turn into a major gift, making this an affordable way to make a significant impact
- Receive charitable tax receipts for subsequent premium payments
- Your insurance policy isn’t part of your estate and therefore not subject to probate fees
Information on gifts of life insurance.
“Leaving money to World Animal Protection… has given me the assurance that I can truly make a difference. If you are considering leaving a legacy for animals, please do! Don’t underestimate how your life and so many animals’ lives will benefit from that. And what greater gift can you give?.”
Get in touch with us
We would be happy to speak with you about your options and the impact your gift will have on protecting the animals you love.
For more information on gifts of life insurance, please contact:
Tiffany Oliveira, Donor Relations Manager
416 369 0044 x122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*We strongly recommend that you discuss this with the professional services of a lawyer, accountant or financial advisor to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed, and your planned gift tailored to best fit your circumstances