Gifts in a Will
A gift in your Will can help make the world kinder for animals far into the future
Many animal lovers like you have found that leaving a legacy gift to World Animal Protection has been the most caring thing they could do for animals.
Individuals who give a gift through their will are part of a very special group of Canadians who have stepped forward to be a “guardian” to protect animals. As a World Animal Guardian, you can be sure your gift will help animals for future generations.
How to leave a gift for animals in your Will
Becoming a World Animal Guardian has never been easier. You can now write your Will online in less than 20 minutes for FREE, through our partnership with Willfora.
Leave animals a world they would be happy to live in.
Not sure where to start? Get your estate planning checklist
Preparing your estate can be overwhelming. We’ve created this easy estate planning checklist that we hope will help when preparing to draft your Will.
Download your estate planning checklist
Ways you can leave a gift in your Will
- Leave a specific dollar amount
- A residual bequest ‒ a share of the remainder of your estate after all other needs have been met
- A contingent bequest ‒ a share of your estate after your other beneficiaries have passed on
“I have left a gift to World Animal Protection in my will because in that way I am able to leave a more meaningful amount of money to help them with their work, even after I am gone. I trust that it will be put to the best possible use. There is so much that still needs to be done.”
Our promise to you as a World Animal Guardian
- We’ll always respect your privacy. We recognize and appreciate that these decisions are personal. You can choose how or if you would like to be communicated with and if your generosity is recognized publicly.
- We’ll always honour your wishes. Any gift you leave to World Animal Protection will be used with the utmost care, sensitivity, and respect.
- We’ll always put animals first. We will use your gift in a way that has the greatest impact on the lives of animals. Ensuring your legacy of a better future for animals
Sign up to receive your free legacy information pack
Fill out our form to receive your free information package for easy and meaningful giving. The legacy package contains information on how to leave a gift in your Will, along with other giving options for you to choose from.
*We strongly recommend that you discuss this with the professional services of a lawyer, accountant or financial advisor to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed, and your planned gift tailored to best fit your circumstances.
For professional advisors
Our legal name is World Society for the Protection of Animals operating as World Animal Protection. Our Canadian Charitable Registration number is 12971 9076 RR0001.
World Animal Protection
960-90 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4P 2Y3
Get in touch with us
We would be happy to speak with you about your options and the impact your gift will have on protecting the animals you love.
For more information on leaving a gift in your Will, please contact:
Tiffany Oliveira, Donor Relations Manager
416 369 0044 x122 or email@example.com.