Your support is making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. Thank you!
Latest good news stories you have made possible
You moved South Africa to phase out captive lion breeding
- Thanks to your support, the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) has made crucial and long-awaited steps towards changing the captive lion breeding industry in South Africa. It’s a courageous move, taking the first steps in a commitment to long-lasting and meaningful change.
You called out KFC Canada to do better by millions of chickens
- By signing the Better Chicken Commitment, a set of standards that will improve the welfare for millions of chickens, Canadians like you are showing KFC Canada that the public want improved animal welfare in their produce chain.
You exposed factory farms for fueling the superbug crisis
- A new report, Silent superbug killers in a river near you, that your support helped make possible, reveals public waterways next to factory farms in Canada, Spain, Thailand and the US, contain antibiotic resistance genes that are dangerous to public health, and exposed factory farming's impact on animals, people and the planet.
You encouraged the Canadian government to prevent the next pandemic
- On March 24, a virtual parliamentary reception was held to educate Members of Parliament on the need to curb the global commercial wildlife trade and prevent future pandemics. The reception had more than 50 attendees from government and other organizations and featured celebrity ambassadors Jann Arden, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Dr. Jane Goodall DBE and many more. Watch the video now.
You supported the award of two new Whale Heritage Sites to protect whales and dolphins
- Tenerife-La Gomera marine area in southwest Tenerife, Spain, has been awarded a prestigious title as the first Whale Heritage Site in Europe, showcasing a great alternative to cruel wildlife attractions. It joins Dana Point, California, USA, as the first site in the Americas to be awarded Whale Heritage Site status. Thanks to you, World Animal Protection worked with World Cetacean Alliance to promote these wildlife-friendly sites.
What you achieved for animals in 2020
Thanks to you, 224 million animals were protected last year. Here are just some of the amazing wins you made possible:
Read about more wins for animals
Bear bile is one of the most horrendous forms of animal cruelty, but thanks to donor support we are so close to ending this cruel industry in South Korea....
World Animal Protection’s science-based and collaborative approach has helped us become a trusted partner on issues related to animal welfare worldwide. This...